Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Back to the Pan

Thanks T.P. for posting this photo. This is what my Panhead looked like when I found it and brought it home. Looks good to go right? What you don't see is the completely stuck front forks, water in the engine itself, tons of bondo on all but the fenders, bent bars, clapped out primary set-up, seat that isn't attached to anything (but its a Bates pan) trashed exhaust, the list goes on. I sat at my shop today and stared at the current Pan, the way it sits today, and pondered the exhaust. If I had to do it all again, I would have carefully just rebuilt everything needed to safely propel me down the highway, and left the rest alone. This bike was cool as hell just like this! Damn. Maybe I will tell the whole story one of these days from the adventure we had getting this bike...

No comments:

Post a Comment